Serengeti Migration, Katavi Game & Mahale Chimps
Serengeti Migration in Northern Tanzania combined with Katavi Big Game and Mahale Chimpanzees in Western Tanzania
Soroi Serengeti Lodge, Katuma Bush Lodge, Kungwe Beach Lodge
Visit three national parks in Tanzania with this flying safari package. You will have an unforgettable adventure through the renowned Serengeti National Park and the remote Katavi National Park and finally the primates of Mahale Mountains National Park.
The name Serengeti stems from the Maasai word “Siring” meaning “endless plain”, a true description of the world’s most legendary national park. The size of the ecosystem, including the national park, conservation area and the game reserves is close to 35,000 square kilometers, virtually the same size as Belgium. The Serengeti hosts the largest concentration of wildlife in the world and is home to one of the great wonders in the world, the Great Migration. Over a million wildebeest move annually from the southern plains, where they give birth in January – March, to the north and the Mara River, and back, accompanied by zebra and other migratory mammals. Predators like lion, cheetah, hyena, hunting dogs and crocodiles make sure only the strongest survive. Add optional excursions to the Ngorongoro Crater and Olduvai Gorge. Highlights will include outside showers with panoramic views of the Nyamuma and Musabi plains from the privacy of your room’s balcony, sundowners around our fireplace, optional massage services and Hot Air Balloon Safaris.
Travel off the beaten track to one of Tanzania’s most remote destinations and enjoy that feeling of having Africa all to yourself. Katavi National Park is Tanzania’s third largest national park and games drives will include encounters with some of Tanzania’s largest concentrations of hippo, crocodile and buffalo. Visit between May and June to catch migratory birds. Highlights of this safari include game drives, bush lunches or breakfasts, sundowners around a campfire and a dip into our swimming pool. Add on an optional Night Game Drive. Upgrade to our Sable Suite or book a private vehicle for a more exclusive safari experience.
Travel by dhow boat on the crystal clear waters of Lake Tanganyika, the world’s second deepest lake, to visit with the chimpanzees in one of Tanzania’s most untouched destinations. Japanese researchers have studied an estimated population of about 1000 chimpanzees since the 1960’s. Highlights of this safari include chimpanzee trekking, bird watching, fishing excursions, kayaking, barbeques and sundowners on the beach around a campfire.
- Return Shared Charter flights, Arusha – Serengeti - Katavi – Mahale – Arusha
- Full board accommodation and meals
- Daily Park entrance fees, Concession fees and Guide fees
- Game drives in a shared vehicle
- One Chimpanzee trek per day in Mahale
- One Boat Safari per stay in Mahale
- Birding and forest walks in Mahale
- All soft drinks and bottled waters
- Laundry services
- Airstrip and boat transfers
- Packed Lunch on day of departure
- Night Game Drive ($80 per person) in Katavi
- Fishing Excursion ($85 per person) in Mahale
- Alcoholic beverages (payable by cash on departure)
- Medical evacuation
- Any and all tips and gratuities for local staff and guides
- All items of a personal nature
- Private safari vehicle and guide for game drives ($435 per vehicle per day)
*Children under the age of 12 are eligible for discounted rates subject to booking terms and conditions