Katavi Game and Mahale Chimps in Western Tanzania
Katuma Bush Lodge and Kungwe Beach Lodge
This is the perfect combination of a bush and beach retreat especially prefect for couples looking for adventure in a romantic setting.
Travel off the beaten track to one of Tanzania’s most remote destinations and enjoy that feeling of having Africa all to yourself. Katavi National Park is Tanzania’s third largest national park and games drives will include encounters with some of Tanzania’s largest concentrations of hippo, crocodile and buffalo. Visit between May and June to catch migratory birds. Highlights of this safari include game drives, bush lunches or breakfasts, sundowners around a campfire and a dip into our swimming pool. Add on an optional Night Game Drive. Upgrade to our Sable Suite or book a private vehicle for a more exclusive safari experience.
Travel by dhow boat on the crystal clear waters of Lake Tanganyika, the world’s second deepest lake, to visit with the chimpanzees in one of Tanzania’s most untouched destinations. Japanese researchers have studied an estimated population of about 1000 chimpanzees since the 1960’s. Highlights of this safari include chimpanzee trekking, bird watching, fishing excursions, kayaking, barbeques and sundowners on the beach around a campfire.
- Return Shared Charter flights, Arusha – Katavi – Mahale – Arusha
- Full board accommodation and meals
- Local beers, selection of spirits, house wines, soft drinks and water
- Daily Park entrance fees, Concession fees and Guide fees
- Game drives in a shared vehicle in Katavi
- One Chimpanzee trek per day in Mahale
- One Boat Safari per stay in Mahale
- Birding and forest walks in Mahale
- All soft drinks and bottled waters
- Laundry services
- Airstrip and boat transfers
- Packed Lunch on day of departure
- Night Game Drive ($80 per person) in Katavi
- Fishing Excursion ($85 per person) in Mahale
- Private safari vehicle and guide for game drives ($370 per vehicle per day)
- Medical evacuation
- Any and all tips and gratuities for local staff and guides
- All items of a personal nature
*Children under the age of 12 are eligible for discounted rates subject to booking terms and conditions