Amended 21 June 2020
- We will deal with each booking individually, making every effort to assist in rebooking or postponing travel up to 18 months
- We will clearly communicate what costs are not recoverable from the full invoice value of the original booking and what credits can be used towards rebooking travel i.e. any government fees, activities, or third-party operated services may be non-refundable and eligible to cancellation charges beyond our control.
- Every effort will be made to avoid cost increases; if the deferred booking is made for travel in a different season, or availability of services means that the costs of government fees, third-party operated services, or accommodation has increased, the agent/ guest will be liable for the difference in costs associated with the postponed booking. This will be the case even if the cost increases are unknown at the time of rebooking.
- Special offers applied to the original booking may not be applicable on the deferred booking if they are expired.
- If a confirmed booking is cancelled completely instead of being postponed, the 20% deposit payment of the total booking amount will be forfeited. The balance will be held in the form of a credit, valid for 18 months. Should you wish for us to process a refund, the cost of the transfer fees will be charged in addition to the applicable cancellation charges.
- For any new reservations, our 20% deposit policy will be waived. Payment of the full invoice value will be required 35 days prior to the day of arrival. If we receive a confirmed booking request against a space being held by your booking, we reserve the right to request to either release your booking or make a 20% deposit within 48 hours when necessary.
- We highly recommend that your guests opt for comprehensive travel insurance to incorporate the current situation of this pandemic to ensure any funds lost can be recovered
- Coming to Tanzania: Tanzania's borders are now open for tourists. Quarantine is not mandatory, unless of course you show symptoms of Covid 19, and you can transit to your onward destination immediately. Government officials have implemented temperature checks of all passengers at airports. If the temperature is higher then 37.5 Celsius then the passenger will not be allowed to travel and they will be required to seek medical advise. Hand sanitizing stations will be made available throughout the terminal and all passengers must wear masks. We are monitoring instructions on advisories issued by the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC). Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) have been distributed to all sectors as a general guideline and have been based on the WHO and other international guidelines. In case of any medical emergency while in Tanzania, please call the Health Emergency Number 199 from any phone; this is a free call and available to anyone seeking medical assistance related to Covid-19 when in the country.
- Staff training and protocol: All our staff members are trained regarding the severity of the COVID-19 pandemic and related viruses to ensure their own safety and that of our guests. These include washing hands frequently to avoid cross contamination, practicing social distancing, and the use of personal protective equipment. All staff will undergo daily temperature checks by management.
- Personal protective equipment: Face masks will be worn on our premises by all staff on duty.
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures: We use hotel-grade cleaning products. Increased cleaning procedures are in place especially for all contact surfaces, guest rooms, public areas, dining area, and staff quarters.
- Check in procedures: Hand sanitizers and washing stations will be made available on the premises. Cold/Hot towels will no longer be provided on arrival. Guests will be separated in their own groups during the check in process.
- Laundry: Efficient disinfecting of bedding, re-usable face masks, and garments will be done using hotel-grade cleaning products.
Rates are quoted in USD and on a per person per night sharing basis, inclusive of VAT, but exclusive of the daily Tanzanian Tourism Development Levy, National Park and Conservancy fees. At all properties, apart from Mbali Mbali Soroi Serengeti Lodge, the Concession fees are included in the accommodation rate. The rates are quoted free of bank charges and should be included by the trade partner / traveler when making payment. We reserve the right to review published rates in the event of increases in costs or taxes which are beyond our control. Acceptance of a quotation from Mbali Mbali constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which takes effect immediately.
All quotations and reservations must be made in writing via email to email@example.com. No reservations will be accepted over the telephone, Skype, phone text message etc. Once received the Mbali Mbali Reservations Office will process the request and issue a proforma invoice. If a booking is not confirmed by email prior to the provisional booking expiry date, the booking will be released automatically in the system without prior notice. All quotations are subject to change based on availability at the time of confirmation.
Within 14 days from the date of issuing the proforma invoice a 20% deposit payment of the total booking amount is due to secure the provisional booking. The balance payment should be received by Mbali Mbali by no later than 35 days prior to date of service. Any bookings made within 35 days of travel will require an immediate full payment. Should Mbali Mbali receive a confirmed reservation request against space being held on a provisional basis we reserve the right to request confirmation or release of the held space within 72 hours. Credit card payments will be accepted on condition that an administration fee of 5% is charged on the total amount processed.
All funds should be transferred free of bank charges. We will not be held liable for any cash payments. No funds should ever be paid into another account. The payment confirmation, including the SWIFT copy, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant reservation number as a reference. Payment can be made into the following account:
|Account Name:||Mbali Mbali Lodges and Camps Limited (USD)|
|Bank Details:||Diamond Trust Bank Tanzania|
|Branch:||Nyerere Road, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|
All cancellation requests must be made in writing and will only be considered as confirmed upon receipt of a written notification from Mbali Mbali Lodges and Camps.
For 2020 cancellations further than 180 days prior to arrival the 20% deposit will be refunded in the form of a credit, valid for one year. Between 179 and 36 days prior to arrival the 20% deposit is forfeited. Between 35 days and the day of arrival 90% of the full invoice value is charged as a cancellation fee.
For 2021 cancellations further than 90 days prior to arrival the 20% deposit will be refunded in the form of a credit, valid for one year. Between 89 and 36 days prior to arrival the 20% deposit is forfeited. Between 35 days and the day of arrival 100% of the full invoice value is charged as a cancellation fee.
Should you wish for us to process a refund, the cost of the transfer fees will be charged in addition to the applicable cancellation charges. Mbali Mbali reserves the right to appoint recovery agents to act on behalf of them in case of default. The cost and consequences of appointing such recovery agents to recover the defaulted amounts will be for the agent / client’s responsibility.
Children of all ages are welcome at Mbali Mbali Lodges and Camps.
The following rates apply for 2020: 0 to 3 years (FOC), 4 to 13 years (50% of the adult rate), 14 years and older (Adult rate). Children under 14 years are not allowed to stay alone in a room. Our family rooms are reserved exclusively for bookings traveling with children younger than 18 years.
The following rates apply for 2021: 0 to 4 years (FOC), 5 to 15 years (50% of the adult rate), 16 years and older (Adult rate). Children under 14 years are not advised to stay alone in a room. Our family rooms are reserved exclusively for bookings traveling with children younger than 18 years.
As per TANAPA regulation, the minimum age to take part in the chimpanzee trekking in Mahale Mountains National Park is 12 years and in Gombe Stream National Park it is 15 years.
No single supplement will be levied at any of our properties for the 2020/2021 rate season.
Guests are advised to have comprehensive travel and health insurance for the duration of their trip to Tanzania. Mbali Mbali Lodges and Camps shall not be held responsible for any accident, loss, illness, theft and personal injury. It will also not accept responsibility or be liable for inconveniences or financial implications of any sort arising from any accident on the Lodge / Camp premises during the client’s stay.
Flying doctors coverage is not included and can be added to the booking as an additional charge of US$50 per person. This covers the guest within East Africa for a period of 14 days. In the event of a medical emergency, the guest will be airlifted to a hospital in Nairobi. All hospital charges is payable by the guest and it is the guests’ responsibility to ensure that they have sufficient medical and travel insurance cover in place to cover any in-hospital medical expenses and / or any associated costs once admitted to hospital.
Visas may be required to enter Tanzania. It remains the sole responsibility of the client to have a valid passport, visa, permits, travel documents, vaccinations and any other relevant medical certificates. Mbali Mbali Lodges and Camps will not accept any responsibility should a client be refused entry due to incorrect or incomplete documentation. Please visit https://www.tanzania.org.za or https://eservices.immigration.go.tz/visa/.
Acceptance of a quote from Mbali Mbali Lodges and Camps by the payment of the associated deposit or balance invoice constitutes consent to all provisions of the conditions in our trading terms.